"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Gallup Gun Show

Above, the Gallup Gun Show. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The other day while driving in Gallup to go to the Gallup Flea Market, I noticed a small sign (the size of a realtor sign) in a vacant lot. I noticed it said "gun show", but drove on without stopping to look.

Then this morning, while perusing the Gun Owners of New Mexico Facebook page, I came across this:



Since I haven't been to a gun show since the last Great Western Gun Show at the Fairplex in Pomona, California in the late 1990s, I decided to go. I am glad I did.

The Gallup Gun Show is a small show, but it had plenty of vendors. I spoke with one of the sponsors and he said that this is a new show, with the first one held last April. The next one will be in March. The dates will be March 14-15, 2020 at the same venue, the Gallup Community Service Center (off Exit 22 of Interstate 40).

Above, the venue, the Gallup Community Service Center. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While wandering around the tables, I found the prices of the guns for sale to be quite reasonable even though I wasn't looking to buy any guns. While there, I did buy a couple of boxes of 30-30 Winchester ammo for the Winchester 94.

Above, there were plenty of pistols and rifles to look at. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The show host for the Gallup Gun Show is Los Alamos Ammo. They gave me a list of upcoming gun shows in New Mexico, some they host and some are hosted by others. While looking over, I said there's a lot of shows. One of the hosts replied, "This is a gun state!"

Above, it was easy to browse since the attendance was light. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I am looking forward to the next show.

Above, in Six Mile Canyon this afternoon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After leaving the gun show, I relaxed at home over a cup of coffee. Once I was done with that, I got the Jeep out of the garage and did some driving through Six Mile Canyon.

It turned out to be a rather enjoyable day.

No comments:

Search This Blog