ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Monday, August 13, 2012

Google Buying Frommer's Travel Guide Brand



In other travel news, word is out that Google is buying the Frommer's travel guide brand.

According to Investors.com:


Google (GOOG) is buying the Frommer's travel guide brand from publishing house John Wiley & Sons (JWB) for an undisclosed sum, according to a Monday story in the Wall Street Journal's online edition. 
The Journal says the deal is expected to close shortly. Google didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The acquisition is expected to bolster Google's offerings of travel reviews and travel-related content, putting it in more direct competition with travel review provider TripAdvisor (TRIP) and social network companies like Facebook (FB) that also offer travel recommendations.

I have a few Japan-related Frommer's guidebooks.  I prefer their guidebooks to Lonely Planet's.  I used both brands as references during the making of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.

To read the full story, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment