ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tokyo Hotels

Over the years, I've stayed at several different hotels in Tokyo. The Internet made finding accommodations in Tokyo much easier so I didn't have to bother with going through a travel agency. I did my own searching.

If you are planning on visiting Tokyo anytime soon, you may want to consider these for your "base of operations." I have included links to each one of them for your perusal.

The first in 2001 was the Hotel Fukudaya. It  is actually a ryokan (Japanese inn) in the Shibuya section of Tokyo. It is about a fifteen minute walk (or so) to Shibuya Station. I decided that if I were going to Japan, and having no idea whether or not I would ever return, I would stay at a place to experience "the Japanese way" to a degree. It is a nice, family-run ryokan with comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Within a few blocks is a Denny's Restaurant should one crave American-style food. It is situated in a residential neighborhood.

Above, the front of Hotel Fukudaya.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.


The next Tokyo hotel I stayed at was the Shiba Park Hotel. It was part of the tour package set up by Sita World Travel for the 2004 G-Tour. It was a nice hotel within easy walking distance to Tokyo Tower and, for munchies, a McDonald's. There's also an AM-PM mini-market across the street that's nice and handy. It is about a four-minute walk from the Daimon station on the Toei Oedo/Toei Asakusa Subway line.
Above, the entrance to the Shiba Park Hotel.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The following year (2005), I decided to stay in the Ueno section of Tokyo. I was looking for a hotel that was close to Asakusa. The hotel I decided on was the Tsukuba Hotel. It is situated very close to the Inaricho Subway station (Ginza Line) and their prices were very reasonable. The single rooms are a bit smallish, but who travels thousands of miles to just sit in a hotel room?

Above, the Tsukuba Hotel in Ueno.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Starting with my 2006 trip to Japan, I began staying at the Hotel Asia Center of Japan. It is my favorite hotel in Tokyo with reasonably-priced nice rooms and a buffet restaurant that serves good meals at a good price. For breakfast, one can have a western-style or Japanese-style meal (since it is a buffet, one can combine the two). They are close to the Aoyama-Itchome and Nogizaka Subway Stations. There are a couple of mini-marts nearby as well as a Tully's Coffee Shop. I have also stayed here during my 2007 and 2010 trips.

Above, the Hotel Asia Center of Japan.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
I would recommend any of these hotels. I had pleasant stays at each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment