ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Friday, April 8, 2016

Head Trouble

Above, the skull my grandfather found. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This is something for me to keep in mind when packing for a flight.

Travel + Leisure reported:
A German professor found himself in some hot water on April 4 after airport security found a human skull in his luggage. The human remains were discovered at Rome’s Fiumicino airport, according to Italian newspaper Il Messaggero.

Back in World War II, my grandfather was a Navy Seabee and was stationed in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. While walking on a beach, he found a human skull. It was apparently of an Eskimo as the teeth were worn down from chewing on whale blubber. He kept it and it is now in my possession. I keep it in a bowling bag.

When I was working for United Pacific/Reliance Insurance Companies, we used it to pull a joke on our claim manager who was returning from a vacation.

I guess I'd better not bring it along on any trip that involves flying.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment