ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Friday, September 8, 2017

The Bates Motel of Vale, Oregon

Above, the Bates Motel sign. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Not long after entering eastern Oregon from Idaho, I drove through Vale, Oregon looking for a RV park for an overnight stay.

Unfortunately, there were none on Highway 20, so I drove on and eventually stayed in Juntura. Before leaving Vale, I noticed the Bates Motel. I stopped to take some pictures of its sign.

I found out this morning that this Bates Motel earned a coveted spot in RoadsideAmerca.com.

Here's what they said about the Bates Motel:
There's a noticeable paucity of offbeat attractions in western Idaho and eastern Oregon, a patch of white when compared to the lush red pushpin fertility of other regions. So the Bates Motel, just over the border in Oregon, gets included as a stop out of desperation. The sign may conjure the murderous motor lodge from Hitchcock's Psycho, but the building doesn't resemble it.

To see more, go here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment