ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Two Years Coming Up

Above, Sierra during the Great American Eclipse trip in August. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On November 11, it will mark two years since I brought Sierra home from the Hawthorne SPCA.

Since I will be on the road this coming week and I may not have Wi-Fi available to me, here is something that wrote in response at a RV forum about whether or not one should get another pet if the one they have passes away.
When my cat Siren died at 18 two years ago, I was unsure about getting another cat. It was mainly due to my age (62 at the time).  
My daughter found a shelter Facebook posting of a kitten and sent it to me. I looked and then moved on. But I kept going back to look for most of the day. Finally, I decided to call the shelter to see if she were still available. She was. 
I went down there immediately and adopted her and named her Sierra. She now is my traveling companion and has been to 17 states with me. 
Now, I don't know who rescued whom. No regrets!
Above, the SPCA photo I couldn't stop looking at.

Sierra will be going on the road with me this coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment