ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Resort Fees and Parking Charges Reportedy Killing Las Vegas Tourism

Above, The Beast at Circus Circus RV Park in 2015. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised!

The Los Angeles Times reported that fewer people are visiting Las Vegas due to resort fees and parking charges.

They wrote:
Daily resort fees and parking charges are rising and spreading in Las Vegas, adding as much as $45 a day to visitors' hotel bills. The publisher of Las Vegas Advisor blames the extra charges for a recent decline in the number of visitors. 
"Everyone hates resort fees, but the parking [fee] is even worse," said Anthony Curtis of Las Vegas Advisor. "Everyone wants some kind of comp, [and] the most basic comp is free parking. That was the one comp that everyone got."

Last year, I was going to reserve a campsite at the Circus Circus RV Park on the Las Vegas Strip (I stayed there in 2015) until the reservation website tacked on a $27 resort or amenities fee that would have made the total charge around $60 per night. I was on my way to view the Great American Eclipse in Idaho. I said, "To hell with that!"

I ended up staying at a RV park on the eastern side of Las Vegas (about 3 miles from The Strip) that didn't charge any resort or amenities fee.

To read more, go here.

1 comment:

  1. Parking charges is a serious issue. I should take this seriously. You can also book Stansted airport cheap parking and save a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete