ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Monday, December 17, 2018

Tips For RVing and Camping In The Snow

Above, The Beast at Red Rock Park near Gallup, New Mexico. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Twice this year I spent some time in my RV during snow season.

First, it was out of necessity earlier this year as I had to live in my RV after moving to New Mexico for 12 days while waiting for the movers to deliver my stuff. Second, I went camping to see the Red Rock Balloon Rally near Gallup, but a snowstorm dumped snow on the campground.

Each time, I had no problems with freezing plumbing or tanks. Luckily, I have a good ceramic space heater to heat the living quarters and the holding tanks have built-in heaters.

For the novice, camping in the snow is a challenge, but an article from Do It Yourself RV with seven tips will help make the experience more enjoyable.

They begin with:
Being a snowbird can be fun, but for some RVers, winters in Florida and the desert eventually get boring. When done properly, RVing in a cold location can be just as fun and rewarding. 
Below are 7 tried and true tips that I’ve learned after spending my first RV winter in the mountains of Washington.

To read more, go here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment