ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

John Lennon

Above, John Lennon's "Double Fantasy" album my dad bought. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Forty years ago today, John Lennon was murdered in New York. I remember that night like it was yesterday.

I was driving on Aviation Blvd. in my new 1980 Toyota Pick-up in Manhattan Beach when the bulletin came on.

One thing I really remember about the news broadcasts were that different stations varied in their reporting. Some would say Lennon was dead, while others said he was still alive. Since this was a month after the 1980 election, it sounded like election night where one station would project states for Reagan while others projected states for Carter.

A day or so later, my dad picked up a copy of Lennon's "Double Fantasy" album (pictured above). It is not a bad album, except for the Yoko Ono songs. 

It amazes my how time has flown by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment