ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Gulf Oil Left Shiprock, New Mexico

Above, the Gulf station in Shiprock, New Mexico four years ago. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Four years ago, a friend and I were heading back to Jamestown, New Mexico after a camping vacation trip to Durango, Colorado and Mesa Verde National Park.

Along the way we drove through Shiprock, New Mexico and noticed a Gulf gasoline station. It had been decades since we've seen a Gulf station as they left the California (where I used to live) market. I took some pictures of it.

Yesterday, I took the same route while on my way home. I needed gasoline for the motorhome and I was thinking about going to the Gulf station in Shiprock. I didn't see it.

I stopped at a McDonalds in town for a snack and asked one of the workers which way was is the Gulf station. He said they are no longer there and the station has changed to a Shamrock gasoline station. 

As all gas stations in Shiprock were selling gas for around $3.359/gallon, I ended up getting gas at a Marathon gas station. 

Good thing I took some photos of the Gulf station four years ago since it is now history.

No comments:

Post a Comment