ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Tuesday, April 28, 2026

Remembering Neal Adams On The 4th Anniversary of His Passing

Above, Neal Adams and yours truly at the 2012 Comikaze Expo in Los Angeles.

Every once in a while, I will pull out an issue of Batman or one featuring Deadman to savor the artistry of Neal Adams. 

I will admit that I didn't care much for his artwork back around 1968, but reading his Batman and Deadman stories, along with his run on Green Lantern/Green Arrow, his art grew on me. I thought his compositions were quite interesting. 

I had the privilege of meeting Neal Adams at Comikaze Expo in 2012 after being on a Godzilla panel there. I found him easy to talk to and had a couple of photographs taken with him. 

Today, marks four years since the passing of Neal Adams at age 80. (I thought he was younger.) 

It would be fitting to raise a glass in a toast to his memory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment