ARMAND'S RANCHO DEL CIELO PAGES

▼

Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

The most memorable Labor Day for me was in 1984 when I attended the campaign kick-off for the Reagan-Bush campaign.

It is estimated that 50,000 people attended Ronald Reagan's formal Labor Day campaign kickoff rally at Mile Square Regional Park in Fountain Valley. I remember the day being hot and some who were bused in couldn't get in as the venue was filled to capacity. Luckily, Mike Evans (a longtime friend) and I got there early enough to get in. 

Here's one of my photos of President Reagan addressing the crowd. Those I can identify are: Ed Rollins, Pete Wilson, Nancy Reagan, Charlton Heston, George Deukmejian, President Reagan, Maureen Reagan, Johnny Grant and Dennis Revell.

Above, President Reagan's Labor Day campaign kick-off
 in Fountain Valley, California. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment