"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

20 Shotguns Almost Impossible To Wear Out

Above, picking up the Winchester Model 12 at Loeffler's Guns Etc.

The first time I shot skeet was a few years ago was with a group in Lake Havasu, Arizona.

I used a shotgun one of the guys let me use as I didn't own (in two cases, I didn't know I even had them) one. After that skeet shoot, I got a good deal on a Remington 870 Express, a "cousin" to the coveted Remington 870 Wingmaster. 

I've shot it a few times enjoyed the experience each time.

The Avid Outdoorsman posted an article on 20 shotguns that are almost impossible to wear out. The Winchest Model 12 I bought two years ago made the list.

The article begins with:

Some shotguns are built to be light, sleek, and pleasant to carry. Others seem happiest after being dragged through a duck marsh, thrown behind a truck seat, fired for thousands of rounds, and handed down to another generation. Those are the guns that earn reputations far beyond whatever the manufacturer originally printed in the catalog.

Nothing mechanical is literally impossible to wear out. Springs weaken, extractors break, firing pins eventually need replacement, and even the toughest action benefits from basic maintenance. But certain shotgun designs have demonstrated that their receivers, bolts, barrels, and core operating systems can survive extraordinary amounts of use. If I wanted a shotgun that could spend decades  hunting, shooting clays, and generally being treated like equipment rather than a display piece, these are 20 models I would trust more than most.

To read more, go here. 

No comments:

Search This Blog