"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Yesterday At Ridgway's Grit Series Marathon

Above, Ethan Wayne and yours truly.
 

Yesterday was an enjoyable day at the Ridgway, Colorado Grit Series marathons for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation.

I was assigned at the aid station just outside the fence to the Ross Family ranch set used in "True Grit" (1969). 

The first group of runners were of the half marathon. They were later followed by the 5k runners. Our aid station was the turnaround location for the 5k.

When I arrived at the marathon start/finish location, I was greeted by Ethan Wayne. Patrick Wayne did not attend. I heard that he was having some sort of procedure done. I hope he will be well enough to attend next year.

After the races were done and on my way out, I stopped to hand Ethan Wayne a donation check in memory of Bill Wilson and in Mike Hobbie's name (who is currently battling lung cancer.







No comments:

Search This Blog