It has been reported that actress Mary Louise Weller has passed away at age 79, one day short of her 80th birthday.
According to People.com:
Mary Louise Weller, the actress best known for her role in National Lampoon’s Animal House, has died. She was 79 years old.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Weller’s longtime partner Michael Roy Curtis announced that she died on Thursday, Oct. 1 — one day shy of her 80th birthday, Oct. 2 — after a brief illness.
It is sometimes mind-boggling to note the ages of celebrities who have passed on. Weller would have turned 80 if she lived one more day. It is a little stunning that so much time had passed since Animal House was released in 1978. But, of course, one realizes that oneself has also aged. I was 24 when Animal House was released and I am 72 now.
I first saw Animal House at the South Bay Shopping center's theaters with friend Frank Lunney, who would later become a stand-up comic. A short film, Jimmy the C, was shown before Animal House. I actually saw the movie twice during its initial release. Funny how one can remember some stuff after all these years.
To read more, go here.
Here's Jimmy the C:
No comments:
Post a Comment