"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Meet Sierra!



Things happen for a reason, and today is a good illustration of that.

I got pissed off at someone this morning after work and I ended up going to bed earlier than usual. I woke up around 1:00 PM, about a couple of hours earlier than I usually do.

Amber sent me a Facebook link to a kitten up for adoption at the South Bay Pet Adoption center in Hawthorne (my hometown).

Here's what she sent:


I looked at it and then went about my business.

But, I kept thinking about it and thinking about it. And looking at the picture again and again.

I thought I would call the shelter to see if "Claire" was still there and available. She was. I told them I would be heading over from the Valley.

Once I got there, I found that I couldn't take her home until after she's spayed, which would be Thursday. 

I went into the kitten room and met "Claire". Immediately after picking her up, she began to purr. That settled it! I went to the main lobby and completed all the paperwork. She's ours! If I didn't wake up earlier than usual, I wouldn't have been able to rush down to adopt her.

She's a 3-month-old calico-colored domestic shorthair (I think her fur is longer).

Above, meeting "Claire".



We can't wait for Thursday to come so we can bring "Claire" home. There will be one change: her name. I am not fond of "Claire" for a pet's name, so I decided to rename her "Sierra". Amber likes "Claire", so I suppose we can formally name her "Sierra Claire Vaquer".

I decided on "Sierra" for a name weeks ago. The first two letters are in honor of Siren. And, since Sierra will be traveling in the RV and going into the mountains on trips, I figure that would be an appropriate name.

Search This Blog