"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The World's Best Destinations For Solo Travel

Above, Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah is part of the "Grand Circle" on the list. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

People have asked me if I enjoy traveling to Japan solo or not. It really doesn't make that much difference to me as I know people in Japan with whom I meet up with for lunch or dinner and other kinds of activities. So I don't feel that I am alone there. I find that going on my own allows me the freedom to do whatever I want and whenever I want.

The Huffington Post Travel blog has an article on the world's best destinations for solo travel. One of them is in Japan, but you'll have to read the article to see where in Japan.

They start with:
Travelling alone is no longer taboo. In fact, it's trendy to go alone out of choice. Celebrated as a way to learn about oneself, more people are discovering the freedom of exploring a new place on their own terms. From the frozen heartlands of Iceland to the sultry beaches of Belize, many destinations are independent traveler-friendly. Community groups, meet-ups and a vast wealth of online and digital resources make it easier than ever to go solo. Paris even has fun speed-dating styled language improvement events. Still undecided? Here are some tips on destinations known to be safe and where to look in each. Happy solo travels!--Anisha Shah
I don't see why solo travel was ever "taboo" (as they wrote), if it ever really was.

To see the best places for solo travel, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog