"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Elvis Bust From Memphis


Above, the Elvis bust my mom bought for me in Memphis. Photos by Armand Vaquer.

Back around 1982 (I'm guessing), my parents went to Alabama to visit relatives there.

While on the trip they were taken to Memphis, Tennessee to tour Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley. I was working at the time and had to stay back home to take care of the pets. I eventually made the trip to Graceland in 2001.

While my parents were there, my mom went to a shop across the street from Graceland on Elvis Presley Blvd. that specialized in Elvis souvenirs. Waiting outside, my dad struck up a conversation with a nice southern gentleman. He said his name was Vester. It turned out, after checking photographs, the gentleman was Elvis Presley's uncle Vester Presley. I told this story to Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie a few years ago.

My mom picked up a few items for my cousin and for me. One of the items was a small bust of Elvis. It is one of the few busts of Elvis I've seen that actually looks like him.

During my 2001 trip there, I checked the souvenir stores to see if they still had these busts, but they didn't.

I saw on eBay yesterday that one of these is being offered from Australia. The seller got it from an estate sale and didn't know much about it. So I sent him a message telling him where it's from. He has since updated his auction page. He also sent me a nice thank-you note for the information.

Above, the bust available at eBay.
To see the auction page, and possibly bid on it, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog