"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Classic Movie Sunday With Gable and The Duke

Since I have no interest in football, particularly the Super Bowl, and my "other half" was in Santa Barbara for a family gathering, I elected to spend a relaxing day watching a couple of classic movies.



When I went out to lunch, I decided to go across the street to CD Trader to see if they had a copy of She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949) available to buy on DVD. It was just my luck that they had one for $5.99, so I bought it.

While standing in line to pay for it, there was a display of DVDs near the cashier. One of the movies in the display was Gone With The Wind (1939). Since I didn't have a copy, and I hadn't seen the movie in ages, I decided to buy it.

Once I got home, I plopped on the sofa with some chips and guacamole to munch on.

The first movie I watched was She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. One of my favorite John Ford/John Wayne cavalry movies. It had plenty of colorful Monument Valley scenery to enjoy.



After that, I then watched Gone With The Wind. I was surprised at how much of the movie I had forgotten about. The first time I ever saw the movie was around 1969 when it was released to theaters. I went with my parents to see it at a drive-in. Although I've always liked Clark Gable as an actor, it was a surprise to see George "Superman" Reeves at the beginning of the movie as one of the Tarleton Twins.



No comments:

Search This Blog