"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Travel From Tokyo To Sendai

Above, Sendai Station. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Back in April 2006, I took a trip from Tokyo to Sendai. It was, for me, a sentimental journey. I wanted to see the city where my dad was briefly stationed before being sent to South Korea during the Korean War.

He had been stationed in Sendai, but also had duties as a military policeman in nearby Matsushima. He sent my mom a photo of himself in front of the Godaido Temple in Matsushima. I found the temple and had a photo taken at almost the same spot as my dad did, 60-odd years before.

City-Cost.com has an article on different ways to travel to Sendai from Tokyo. I took the shinkansen to Sendai in 2006.

The article begins with:
The largest city in Tōhoku, Sendai is famous for its Tanabata Matsuri, one of the most famous in Japan. Sendai can also claim to be the second largest industrial/commercial center north of Tokyo (the largest being Sapporo).  How much does it cost to travel north from the capital?
By the way, Sendai Station was featured in Gamera 2 and in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.

To read more, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog