"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 24, 2013

King Kong Turns 80 This Year



Ken Hulsey at Monster Island News posted a story on the 80th anniversary of RKO's King Kong.

I was going to do my own write-up, but I really can't add much to the narrative.

However, it did jog a memory of Kong's 50th anniversary in 1983.  My late mother was grousing about the media attention of  King Kong's 50th anniversary.  She said at the time, "All it does is remind me of my age!"  She, like Kong, came into the world in 1933.  I didn't really appreciate what she said about it until 2004, when Godzilla's 50th anniversary was celebrated.

Godzilla was produced and released in 1954.  I was born in 1954.  I said to my mom at the time, "Now I know how you felt in 1983 with King Kong's 50th anniversary!"

To read the Monster Island News article, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog