"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 14, 2013

LAX To Tokyo Round Trip Airfare Prices: NOT A Fluke!

Above, a vendor at Tokyo's Tsukiji Fish Market. It's getting cheaper to get there to try out some fine sushi!  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
A month ago (September 16, to be exact), I posted about a ridiculously low airfare price of $277.00 from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Narita International Airport (NRT) that I found on GatewayLAX.

Here is what I found then:


I was reminded of that post while reading yesterday's Travel section of the Los Angeles Times. The round-trip airfares they came up with this week from LAX to NRT ranged from $1,171 to $1,359.

To see if I can beat their prices (I usually can without much effort) and to see if last month's $277.00 airfare was a fluke or not, I checked GatewayLAX tonight for a departure on October 21 with a return flight on October 30, and here's the lowest airfares I found:


As you can see, both Delta Airlines and Alaska Airlines have ticket prices of $166.00 (not counting taxes and fees). I didn't think this was possible, but these beat last month's $277.00!

I wonder why the good ol' Los Angeles Times can't come up with these?

No comments:

Search This Blog