|Above, at least Half Dome is still known as Half Dome. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Thanks to the dastardly trademark lawsuit (say this out loud in your best Adam West voice imitation) by Delaware North against the National Park Service, several beloved attractions in Yosemite National Park had to be renamed (at least, the federal government felt it necessary).
So that visitors to Yosemite will know what attraction is now known by what name, here's a list of the former and current (hopefully temporary) names:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel is now the Majestic Yosemite Hotel
- Curry Village is now Half Dome Village.
- The Wawona Hotel is now Big Trees Lodge.
- Yosemite Lodge is now Yosemite Valley Lodge.
- The Badger Pass Ski Area is now the Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area.