"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Deer Creek Valley RV Park

Above, The Beast at Deer Creek Valley RV Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Generally speaking, I prefer more rustic campgrounds that have a feel and look of being in the wilderness.

Last year, my daughter Amber and I went to Yellowstone National Park and we took a couple of tours with a tour company based in West Yellowstone, Montana. We were the first to be picked up at the KOA we stayed at. So we got an additional tour when we stopped at other campgrounds and hotels to pick up other tour members.

One of the campgrounds had nicely manicured lawns and concrete pads. This prompted Amber to say that it looked "like camping on a golf course" and that she preferred the KOA.

I stayed at one campground/RV park on my recent trip to Metropolis that could fit her description. It was the Deer Creek Valley RV Park in Topeka, Kansas. As I said, while I prefer more rustic campgrounds, this one was nice and I enjoyed my three night stay there as I waited for my bank to transfer funds. If I had to be "stuck" somewhere, it may as well be in a nice place. This had to have been the most immaculate campground/RV park I've ever stayed at. It was also great that the campsites were spacious, without having the feeling of being in a parking lot.

It was reasonably close to the interstate, but far enough away so that there was no noise. It was also close to a Walmart, which was handy. Plus, they had good Wi-Fi.

For such a campground/RV park, I thought the $38/night charge was reasonable with my AAA discount applied (they also are a Good Sam RV park).

I gave the park five stars at RV Parks Review.

I took several photos of the RV park and some are below.

Above, a view from my campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, one of the neighbors. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Sierra didn't care where we were at as long as she had a box to play in. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, my set-up. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a mid-day shot of The Beast. One of the Wi-Fi towers is in the background.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog