"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Light At The End of The Tunnel

Above, the Ruger 10/22. Photo: Ruger.com.

The light at the end of the tunnel indicates that the long (since August) annoyance of having to turn in my firearms to the LAPD due to a temporary restraining order application is nearly over.

As indicated before, the application was done in revenge or retaliation over the impending (at the time) Small Claims Court lawsuit (that was heard on Hot Bench) and/or the fact that I was the one who ended all contact with my ex-fiancee, Denise Santos.

According to the Lucky Otters Haven:
When you reject a narcissist they are forced to confront their own emptiness and nothing scares them more than that.  They will fight tooth and nail to avoid it, even if it means they have to destroy you in the process.
Above, Denise Santos on Hot Bench.

Part of the temporary restraining order application stipulated that I had to turn in all my firearms to either a licensed dealer or to law enforcement until the matter was decided. Once it was decided (it was dismissed as I had ample proof that the "stalking" accusation was bogus), I got authorization from the California Department of Justice (DOJ) to retrieve them, except one. The one was my Ruger 10/22 rifle as it was not registered with the Automated Firearms System (AFS) since I bought it in the early 1980s before the AFS went into operation.

Since it is now registered, the DOJ gave me authorization to retrieve it and I have an appointment set for next week to do just that. The main problem had been the slow process with the DOJ and the AFS. One could not act until the other acted.

Despite all, working with both the detective handling the case and the property unit's manager has been a good experience. We're all now on first-name basis.

Once I retrieve it, the whole matter will be over and done with. 

No comments:

Search This Blog