"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ka-boom! Endeavour Lands In California


Ka-boom! Plus a little shaking and rattling hit my placid residence today at around 1:20 PM.

I was taking an afternoon siesta when the space shuttle Endeavour came to California for a 1:25 PM landing at Edwards Air Force Base. I've experienced the sonic booms set off by returning shuttles before (sometimes twin sonic booms) as they glide in at supersonic speeds to land at Edwards.

When I heard that Endeavour was diverted to California for its return from space (due to poor weather conditions at Cape Canaveral), I figured that we may get the sonic booms today (it depends upon the glide path). I was right.

I've gone to Edwards Air Force Base for two shuttle landings (one by Columbia in July 1982 and one by Endeavour in 1992) and those are experiences that fans of the U.S. Space Program should experience. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Search This Blog