"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, June 26, 2009

Sky Saxon of The Seeds Dies

Above, Sky Saxon (upper right) with his Seeds bandmates.

by Armand Vaquer

Last night I heard the news of the passing of The Seeds founder and lead singer Sky Saxon, on Jim Ladd's show on KLOS.

Saxon, who was born Richard Marsh, was hospitalized in Austin, Texas for an infection of the internal organs.

“Sky has passed over and YaHoWha is waiting for him at the gate. He will soon be home with his Father. I’m so sorry I couldn’t keep him here with us. More later. I’m sorry,” said his wife Sabrina on Facebook.

Saxon was the founder of The Seeds, one of the most successful garage bands of the 1960s.

The Seeds started in 1965 with Saxon and guitarist Jan Savage, keyboardist Daryl Hooper and drummer Rick Andridge. "Can’t Seem To Make You Mine" and "Pushin’ Too Hard" are ’60s classics.

In 1966, The Seeds performed at a dance in the Hawthorne (California) High School girls' gymnasium that I attended. This was the first live rock show of a big-name group I ever attended. I think the price was about a couple of bucks.

The Seeds disbanded in 1970.

No comments:

Search This Blog