"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

At Least Things Aren't Dull

This has been an interesting weekend and week (so far).

It all started Saturday afternoon. I was contemplating going to Monsterpalooza on that day, but I had other things to do. It turned out better than I expected as I was reunited with a gal I met last July. We lost contact over the past few months and she no longer has the phone number I had stored in my cell phone.

We had a great reunion and we ended up having lunch together yesterday and hung out most of the afternoon. We caught up on what's been going on in our lives during the past few months (we found we had much in common, painfully so).

Things got interesting at work towards my end of shift Saturday night. At ten o'clock at night, I have to lock up a mobile home community's clubhouse and pool areas. At midnight, I made my last patrol stop there and heard voices coming from the pool area, which includes a jacuzzi. I went over to the gate and found two college-age girls in the jacuzzi. I told them from the gate that the pool area is closed and they have to leave. They got out of the jacuzzi and one of them was minus her bikini top. Ah, Malibu!

I headed off for Monsterpalooza on Sunday and had a great time there. As mentioned elsewhere in this blog, my main objective was to meet actor David Hedison. That mission was accomplished.

Sunday night was also interesting as a storm came in and dumped a lot of rain. I had to drive in torrential rain from work down the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu Canyon Road to get back into the San Fernando Valley.

Today has been a day of relaxation (and getting my laundry done). Amber stopped by for her mail and to sign her tax returns. I showed her the David Hedison-autographed book, The Fly At Fifty, and showed her the inveiling scene and the spider web (Help me!) scene from The Fly.

So far, I am enjoying the book. If you are a fan of the original 1958 The Fly movie, make sure you pick up the book by Diane Kachmar and David Goudsward. There's lots of great stuff in it, including the original short story by George Langelaan that was first published in Playboy.

It's back to work tomorrow. At least I'll be in Malibu.

UPDATE (4/14/10): Late this morning I received two claim assignments that took me down to downtown L.A. and the city of Vernon. At least they were close (by about 3-4 miles).

UPDATE (4/16/10): Received a new claim assignment and an expansion of one of the other two I received two days ago. Great to be kept busy!

No comments:

Search This Blog