"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 2, 2011

Haruo Nakajima Turns 83 On January 1

January 1, 2012 will mark a new year and, most importantly, the 83rd birthday of Haruo "Mr. Godzilla" Nakajima.

He was the man in the Godzilla suits starting with the first movie in 1954 to Godzilla vs. Gigan.

Above, Haruo Nakajima takes a break during the filming of "Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster."

It has been an annual tradition for the past several years to have fans of Mr. Nakajima post their birthday greetings on this blog and I, in turn, will pass them on to him through his daughter Sonoe.

So, starting now, you may post on this blog post's comments section below your birthday greetings to Mr. Nakajima.

13 comments:

DaiKamonohashi said...

お誕生日おめでとうございます、中島さん!

straydog4383 said...

A very happy birthday to one of the greatest unsung heroes of cinema. Thanks so much for all the wonderful memories!

mathetes1963 said...

O-tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu, Nakajima-san! :)

Michael Ross said...

Happy birthday Nakajima-san!! I hope to see you in the states again, hopefully at G-Fest in 2012! :-)

John said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come, Mr. Nakajima-san! Long live the King!

Allen Perkins said...

Happy birthday, Nakajima-san! Your performances show far more character and complexity than any of the American monsters I've seen. You are an inspiration to us all!

Edward Quinto said...

Thank you Mr. Nakajima, for all the wonderful memories of Godzilla and all the other monsters you played! They continue to give me, my brother, and my mom so much happiness, and I'm grateful I was blessed with watching your movies!

Happy Birthday

Edward Quinto

Joseph R. Astalfa said...

Happy Birthday to the real King of the Monsters!

You've been my hero for twenty years, and I would like to thank you for every single minute of joy you have brought me.

The Gene Lantern said...

I wish a wonderful birthday to "Mr. Godzilla" and many more to come!!!

P.M. Edwards said...

Happy birthday, Nakajima-san. You took a costume, filled it with your heart and soul, and breathed life into some of the most memorable characters to grace the silver screen. Thank you for your many years of hard work. Many happy returns.

Anonymous said...

Wishing Mr. Nakajima many happy returns!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful man who has blessed japanese cinema and the film industry in general with his amazing characterizations of some of the greatest and most beloved of icons, not to mention Godzilla himself.

Happy Birthday to you, Nakajima-san, from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the best;)

From Dave McDave...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Nakajima-san.

Search This Blog