"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 29, 2014

Cold Nights

Above, snow in Chiba Prefecture in February. It seems colder in the San Fernando Valley. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One can easily tell that we are now in winter as it is cold outside. It has been in the upper 30s to lower 40s for the past several nights.

Right now, I am in Toluca Lake, California where it is now 42 degrees. Tarzana, where I live, is two degrees colder.

For some strange reason, it feels colder outside than when I was in the snow in Japan last February. Maybe I just had a warmer jacket on at the time. But right now, I have to wear a watch cap and gloves whenever I go outside.

Things should be getting warmer in the next couple of days. Rain is to hit the Los Angeles area on Tuesday, so that should warm things up a tad. The last time snow reached the floor of the San Fernando Valley (that I recall) was back in 1988.

No comments:

Search This Blog