"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 12, 2015

Made It To Japan...

Above, the Airbus A380 I took to Japan. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

...but my luggage didn't. According to Singapore Airlines, the efficient folks at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) were responsible for not sending my suitcase along with me to Japan.

When it was confirmed that my suitcase was still in Los Angeles, even though it wasn't their fault, Singapore Airlines gave me an envelope containing 12,000 yen (roughly $120.00) before we left customs.

However, I received word today that it will be arriving at my hotel by 10:00 tonight. We shall see.

The flight aboard Singapore Airlines was on an Airbus A380 and it is a big ship. I wasn't able to take a peek at the top deck, but here's some pictures of the lower deck (steerage?):

Above, a plane with two decks, the Airbus A380. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Economy Class section. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Economy section. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, another Airbus A380 showing the two deck levels. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As for Singapore Airlines' service, the service and food were great! No complaints!

Above, Denise and I at Nakamise Street in Asakusa.

Despite the problem with my suitcase, I decided that I would not let this annoyance ruin my trip.


No comments:

Search This Blog