"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 2, 2015

Terri's Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

Above, Terri and Ken Hulsey.


Those of you who read this blog have noticed that I've mentioned Ken Hulsey on occasion.

Ken runs the Monster Island News blog, of which I am a contributor. He has been a great source for pretty much everything otaku. He has been a great friend to me and "puts up with" my occasional pearls of wisdom on the Monster Island News blog.

Unfortunately, Ken's wife suffered an injury at work that has caused a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) several months ago.

I'll let Ken explain it:
Not everyone is blessed so late in life with the gift of finding their soulmate, but I was. I met Terri in 2011, we became friends through our mutal love of old movies on Facebook. Our friendship blossomed into love and in 2012 Terri moved to California so we could begin a new life together. God has been good to us and has blessed our relationship so we began to make plans to move back to NC and get married, but on March 3, 2015 Terri was injured at work. She suffered a TBI and is totally disabled.Terri requires daily medication and monthly trips to a neurologist which is an hour away from our home. It has been hard on her to deal with her 'new normal'. When our car 'died' the distress of missing doctors appointments and the fear that I would lose my job without transportation, our main source of income, began to set in and exacerbate her symptoms. I love her with all of my heart and my sole goal is, through the help of the doctors and therapists, to help her recover and have the best quality of life she can have.
An account has been set up at GoFundMe.com to raise money to help out the Hulseys. I made a contribution today that brought their total to the $500 threshold required to get their fundraiser on GoFundMe.com pages.

If you would like to help Ken and Terri, any amount is appreciated, go here.

Here's your chance to help out ONE OF US!


No comments:

Search This Blog