"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Japan 2015 Planning Is Proceeding Well

Above, Atami Harbor with the hilltop Atami Castle in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One nice thing about going to Japan in the early autumn is that I won't have to worry about being stuck in a train car in Chiba Prefecture for 16 hours due to snow.

Last year, as you'll recall, I didn't reach my Ueno area hotel room until 22 hours had elapsed since I landed at Narita International Airport. The February 8, 2014 snowstorm was one of the heaviest in years to strike Japan. I just happened to arrive when two big storms did.

I've been to Japan twice in the autumn (2001 and 2005) and the worst weather I had to contend with were just some rainstorms. Otherwise, the weather had been good.

The dinner party I am throwing in Tokyo is proceeding nicely. Several confirmations have been received and I am just waiting for a few more.

My preferred hotel is the Hotel Asia Center of Japan, but just like last year, there were no rooms available. This time, it is due to some renovations that are currently taking place. As a result, I stayed at the Tsukuba Hotel in Ueno.

This time, I decided to try out a different hotel that is located in the Asakusa section of Tokyo. I am looking forward to it.

Most of my time will be in Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto on this trip. One overnight stay will be at a ryokan onsen hotel in Atami. The room will have a private open-air bath. I am looking forward to that along with their meals.

And, a quick stop in Nagoya while en route to Osaka is also planned. All this is for the updated edition of The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan.


No comments:

Search This Blog