"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Bath Storage Problem Solved!

Above, the bathroom linen cabinet. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Beast has a small, three-tiered linen cabinet that sits in a corner and is triangular. This poses no problem for towels and other things, but as far as toiletries and grooming products, it is hard to keep things in place when the vehicle is in motion. Thus far, the only way to hold things in place is to set bigger items on top of smaller items.

Today, I decided to give the local Bed, Bath & Beyond store a visit. If anyone had something triangular that would work to keep things in place, they would.

So, I headed over to Woodland Hills, where the store is located, and took a look around. At first, I could not find any container that is triangular in shape (roughly 12 x 12 x 15") that would work. So I was going to get a rectangular plastic organizer that would fit inside.

Above, the rack before taking the packaging off. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting it off the shelf, I decided to take another look and went to an aisle that I had apparently missed. Lo and behold, there was a triangular metal rack with two suction knobs that is made for showers. That would work if it fit inside. But, I needed to measure it. I went over to customer service and asked if they had a measuring tape handy. They did and I found that the rack would fit inside the cabinet.

I gave them the plastic organizer and then went to the check stand with the rack.

Above, the rack inside the cabinet. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I got home, I was going to take the suction knobs off, but decided to leave them on to use for bracing the rack inside the cabinet. It fit in nicely.

I then placed it in the cabinet (I also did a little re-arranging) in the center tier. Problem solved!

No comments:

Search This Blog