"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Gittin' Outta Dodge"

Above, The Beast at the Ventura Beach RV Resort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The best thing about owning an RV is that one has their own stuff in it and it is kept stocked, so that a spur-of-the-moment "get outta Dodge" trip is possible.

That's what I decided to do today. I am currently at the Ventura Beach RV Resort in Ventura, California getting some needed R & R after the turmoil of the past few days.

Above, a little break after setting up camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While it is overcast here, that poses no problems for me as I just plan to lounge around and read. I brought along a book on the Pearl Harbor attack, Day of Infamy by Walter Lord (A Night To Remember) and a copy of a special National Geographic magazine on Yellowstone National Park that I found at the local supermarket this morning. Those should keep me well-occupied.

The nice thing about being in Ventura, it is only about an hour away from home. Amber will be taking care of Sierra while I'm gone. I thought about bringing Sierra with me, but she was sick a week ago and Amber felt it best she stays home.

Above, a little more of the park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The site I was assigned is so nice and level, the bubble leveler was smack-dab in the center, I didn't have to put any leveling blocks under the wheels. As you can see, this is a very nice RV park. The RVs here are predominantly Class As.

I will likely write a review of the park later, but, so far, I am enjoying it and will do so for a few days.

No comments:

Search This Blog