"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 13, 2009

Beach Boys Monument

Above, The Beach Boys Monument in Hawthorne, Califoria.

I was in the Inglewood, Calfornia area of Los Angeles this morning and had to go into Hawthorne (my former hometown) for some banking. I happened upon a sign pointing out the Beach Boys Monument in Hawthorne, so I decided to take a look. I had not visited the monument before.

I didn't have my camera with me, but did take some photos from my cell phone. Here they are:

Above, the monument's plaque.

Above, a view of the monument sculpture.

Above, the Cougartown.com brick. Cougartown is the website for Hawthorne High School alumni run by John Baker (Class of '62). The bricks on the monument were paid for by generous contributors.

No comments:

Search This Blog