"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Angie Harmon Is Not A Racist For Opposing Obama



Actress Angie Harmon has been attacked by Obama supporters (or drones) for not supporting Obama. Many have accused her of being 'racist'.

Pop Tarts over at FoxNews.com reported:

"Here's my problem with this, I'm just going to come out and say it. If I have anything to say against Obama it's not because I'm a racist, it's because I don't like what he's doing as President and anybody should be able to feel that way, but what I find now is that if you say anything against him you're called a racist," Harmon said at last Thursday’s Los Angeles launch of a new eyelash-growing formula, Latisse.

"But it has nothing to do with it, I don’t care what color he is. I’m just not crazy about what he's doing and I heard all about this, and he’s gonna do that and change and change, so okay … I'm still dressing for a recession over here buddy and we've got unemployment at an all-time high and that was his number one thing and that's the thing I really don't appreciate. If I'm going to disagree with my President, that doesn't make me a racist. If I was to disagree with W, that doesn't make me racist. It has nothing to do with it, it is ridiculous."


It is a rare thing these days for Hollywood celebrities to come out politically with positions that are opposite of that the prevailing political thinking is, especially by someone of a new generation of celebrity. It is grossly unfair to disagree with someone and be labeled a racist for doing so.

Hollywood has long been a hotbed of liberal/leftist politics. There are some liberals who do, on occasion, tell the truth. Last year, Hollywood liberal Alec Baldwin hit the ceiling when Wall Street melted down. Only he directed his ire at the Democrats in Congress, particularly at Rep. Barney Frank and Sen. Christopher Dodd for being instrumental in the problems of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with their subprime mortgage loans.

In my view, celebrities' political views shouldn't carry any more weight than does the political positions of the boxgirls at the local supermarket. But due to their celebrity status and easy access to the media, they spout their political views as their first amendment right. It doesn't really matter that some of these celebrities don't know what in blazes they're talking about. They are simply taking advantage of an audience.

Really, who cares what Hollywood libs Debra Messing or Mandy Moore think? (Except, maybe, for a good laugh, perhaps.) Or even Angie Harmon? Despite disagreements, each has the right to express their opinions.

But it takes real political courage for someone to go against the Hollywood grain. Many have had their careers suffer as a result. So a big kudos to Angie Harmon!

No comments:

Search This Blog