"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sorry, Not True!

Being involved in daikaiju (Japanese for "giant monster") fandom over the years brings many joys and, occasionally, annoyances. Naturally, you can't expect to get along with everyone in any endeavor in life. Everyone's different and each brings to the table their personality quirks. One such quirk started today.

Over at a kaiju forum that I've been a member of for years is called Monster Zero. It was started by the late Aaron Smith several years ago. Since Aaron's passing, it has changed hands a couple of times. Generally speaking, I get along fine with all the members there.

Today, I was alerted to a YouTube video purporting that I am involved in some sort of "campaign" to have people banned from other kaiju message boards who allegedly gave one (recently banned) member some grief.

Well, I can categorically state that I am not involved in any "campaign" and made no such "suggestions" as is alleged in a YouTube video posted today by this person.

This is totally bogus and have stated such to one of the moderators who asked me about it. At this writing, I haven't even seen the video as the first posting of it was removed and I am told it is up again. I'll try to take a perusal (provided the Wi-Fi here is working).

But in a nutshell, the allegation that I made some sort of "suggestion" or that I am involved in a "campaign" is totally false. The best thing for everyone to do is to ignore it. That's the only suggestion I am ever going to make on this matter.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I finally saw the video. At no time did I ever "request" it or anything else of the kind. I left a comment on the video stating such. I also flagged the video to the YouTube administrators.

3 comments:

Evan Brehany said...

Well, thanks for the news. I was tricked by an imposter of you to post it. He claims that someone hacked into your e-mail account. I thought it was another guy trying to hack into JournalismG2K, but he claimed it was you, even giving me pics from the MZ forums that you said this. Ever since, I have been worried asto what to belive. Nice to see that the real Armand. The video is now deleted as I feel safe again. God it has been three stressful days...

BTW, the fake Armand's e-mail is...

"armandvanquer@aol.com"

Now I am sure he is an imposter. Though now more of the fandom thinks I am more of a hackjob.

Armand Vaquer said...

There's no 'n' in my last name. That should've given you a clue.

Evan Brehany said...

Keep forgetting. I hope this has not caused too much trouble, has it?

Search This Blog