"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 16, 2012

2 Years...

Left, a glamour portrait of my mom from the early 1950s.

Yesterday marked the second anniversary of my mom's passing.

Since she was the one who got me interested in horror and science-fiction movies as well as comic books (she would read all the ones I brought home), it was only fitting that I spent yesterday at the L.A. Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention. She would have approved (and probably would've liked to have attended).

The last convention I took her to was a Dark Shadows Festival in Burbank a few years ago. She also attended the awards banquet at G-FEST 2000 in Hollywood.

3 comments:

mathetes1963 said...

I lost my stepmother last January. I share your loss. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Wow! She was really beautiful! Starlet actress like!
She is missed! My mom passed on Janruary 20th of 2005. It has now been 7 years. She is also greatly missed! Always know they are in spirit and they are with us. Sincerly, Sheila

Armand Vaquer said...

I miss your mom and dad. It is still hard to grasp that our parents are gone.

Search This Blog