"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 27, 2012

Being On C-SPAN and A New Discovery

Above, Ronald Reagan's 1980 acceptance speech in Detroit, Michigan.  I am at the arrow.


One of my favorite things during convention season in presidential election years is to watch old GOP National Convention acceptance speeches.

Above, the California Delegation on the convention floor.  I am circled.  Photo: Los Angeles Times.

Saturday night, I managed to watch on C-SPAN the 1956 Dwight D. Eisenhower acceptance speech at the Cow Palace in San Francisco (actually Daly City), the 1964 Barry Goldwater acceptance speech (also at the Cow Palace) and the 1980 Ronald Reagan acceptance speech at Detroit's Joe Louis Arena.

I only recently discovered the above Los Angeles Times photo.

Above, one of the campaign buttons in my collection.
Watching the 1980 Reagan acceptance speech was especially interesting to me as I was there as a California Delegate and saw myself a few times with a much thicker head of hair (I am probably one of the few who welcomed having my hair thin out, if only I can get it to stop).

It is fun looking back 32 years.

No comments:

Search This Blog