"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Nagasaki and Hiroshima: Streetcars

Back in 2007, I paid a visit to Nagasaki, Japan to see their Peace Park (which includes their Hypocenter Park) that memorializes the August 1945 atomic bomb attack that ended World War II.

During my visit, I noticed a number of vintage streetcars.  I took a ride on a couple of them to visit Nagasaki's Peace Park. They looked much like the ones that Los Angeles used to have (L.A. streetcar service ended in 1963), so they were familiar to me.

Here's some shots of the Nagasaki streetcars from my 2007 visit:




Also, the other Japanese city to sustain atomic bomb destruction, Hiroshima, also has its own streetcar service. A nice write-up on Hiroshima's streetcars (with photos) can be found here.

No comments:

Search This Blog