"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tokyo Hotels

Over the years, I've stayed at several different hotels in Tokyo. The Internet made finding accommodations in Tokyo much easier so I didn't have to bother with going through a travel agency. I did my own searching.

If you are planning on visiting Tokyo anytime soon, you may want to consider these for your "base of operations." I have included links to each one of them for your perusal.

The first in 2001 was the Hotel Fukudaya. It  is actually a ryokan (Japanese inn) in the Shibuya section of Tokyo. It is about a fifteen minute walk (or so) to Shibuya Station. I decided that if I were going to Japan, and having no idea whether or not I would ever return, I would stay at a place to experience "the Japanese way" to a degree. It is a nice, family-run ryokan with comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Within a few blocks is a Denny's Restaurant should one crave American-style food. It is situated in a residential neighborhood.

Above, the front of Hotel Fukudaya.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.


The next Tokyo hotel I stayed at was the Shiba Park Hotel. It was part of the tour package set up by Sita World Travel for the 2004 G-Tour. It was a nice hotel within easy walking distance to Tokyo Tower and, for munchies, a McDonald's. There's also an AM-PM mini-market across the street that's nice and handy. It is about a four-minute walk from the Daimon station on the Toei Oedo/Toei Asakusa Subway line.
Above, the entrance to the Shiba Park Hotel.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The following year (2005), I decided to stay in the Ueno section of Tokyo. I was looking for a hotel that was close to Asakusa. The hotel I decided on was the Tsukuba Hotel. It is situated very close to the Inaricho Subway station (Ginza Line) and their prices were very reasonable. The single rooms are a bit smallish, but who travels thousands of miles to just sit in a hotel room?

Above, the Tsukuba Hotel in Ueno.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Starting with my 2006 trip to Japan, I began staying at the Hotel Asia Center of Japan. It is my favorite hotel in Tokyo with reasonably-priced nice rooms and a buffet restaurant that serves good meals at a good price. For breakfast, one can have a western-style or Japanese-style meal (since it is a buffet, one can combine the two). They are close to the Aoyama-Itchome and Nogizaka Subway Stations. There are a couple of mini-marts nearby as well as a Tully's Coffee Shop. I have also stayed here during my 2007 and 2010 trips.

Above, the Hotel Asia Center of Japan.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.
I would recommend any of these hotels. I had pleasant stays at each one of them.

No comments:

Search This Blog