"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 31, 2015

New Barbecue For The Beast



One of the joys of camping and eating is to grill steaks, chicken, hamburgers, fish or hot dogs on a barbecue grill at a campsite in the great outdoors.

Not too long after buying The Beast, I spotted a barbecue grill for around $17.00 at CVS. It seemed like a good deal, so I bought one.



Unfortunately, the old addage, "you get what you pay for" rang true in this case. My main beef (pun intended) was that the grill virtually sat on top of the charcoals. Even then, it only would fit one flat layer of charcoals.

Additionally, it made steaks tough to chew. It was about like chewing on a shoe. So I decided to get a better barbecue grill.



I checked around Amazon and settled on a Weber Smokey Joe Premium tabletop barbecue grill.

I ordered it last Saturday and it arrived today. It only took about 20 minutes to assemble. It is a beaut! I picked this model as it is perfect for travel as it has a locking bar that holds the lid in place.



I have had Weber barbecues before and I should have known better to get one instead of the one I did. They cook very well without turning meat into shoe leather.

Can't wait to try it out!

No comments:

Search This Blog