"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Unwanted Guest

Above, the hallway after the vagrant left. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Today started out a little bit interesting.

I was sitting in my apartment sipping some coffee when I received a text message from Christy, my next-door neighbor, telling me that a homeless guy decided to set up camp in our hallway between our apartment's front doors.

I asked her if she notified the manager, Roxana, and she said she did, but was told to call the police. Christy told her, quite properly, that's not her job. It is Roxana's job.

That's when I decided to check out the scene.

Sure enough, there was a homeless guy in a sleeping bag in the hallway. After putting my little semi-automatic into my pocket (one never knows if he's on crack or something), I went outside and politely told him that he had to leave. He apparently just woke up. He said, "Okay." He then started packing up his belongings and left.

No comments:

Search This Blog