"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Tsuchinshan–ATLAS Comet

During last weekend's clampout in the Arizona desert, I tried to see the  C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan–ATLAS) comet.

Unfortunately, there was a bright moon so I had no such luck. Last night, it was cloudy out so I could not see it. I'll try again tonight.

The only comet I had been able to see, and photograph, was Hale-Bopp. It was bright enough to see without any effort even from downtown Los Angeles and from the Silverlake Reservoir. 

Below is one of my Hale-Bopp photographs taken near Agua Dulce in 1997:


Here's where the Tsuchinshan–ATLAS comet will be:

Photo by: Rob Perillo/KATC.


No comments:

Search This Blog