"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Yosemite: Day Two

Above, Upper Yosemite Fall. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

My first full day in Yosemite National Park began with making breakfast in The Beast. Sierra is getting more used to being in the RV and is exploring around and getting into mischief.

After breakfast, I headed to the shuttle stop to go to the Ahwahnee (now The Majestic) hotel to use their Wi-Fi to check for messages. I also took a few photos of the inside and outside of the hotel. 

Above, the Ahwahnee Hotel. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Ahwahnee's main sitting room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

From there, I went to the Yosemite Visitor Center and the Ansel Adams Gallery and browsed through both.

Above, the Yosemite Visitor Center. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After this, I boarded the shuttle to go to the Lower Yosemite Fall trail.

Above, before hitting the trail, I had this picture taken
with Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls in the background. 

The trail is paved, relatively easy and the entire loop is one mile in length. Yes, I did the entire loop. 

Above, at the base of Lower Yosemite Fall. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As it was cool and cloudy out, it made the walk more pleasant. It offers great views of both the Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls. 

Above, Lower Yosemite Fall from its base. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Upper Yosemite Fall as I was on the trail heading out. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following the walk, I headed to the Yosemite Village store to look around and to get a cup of coffee. 

After my coffee, I headed back to camp on the shuttle (it is a great system) to begin preparing dinner.

Dinner consisted of steak, green beans and Bush's barbecue beans. I barbecued the steak and tried out for the first time the Merlot Wine Steak Sauce I bought last November at Hadley Fruit Orchards. The sauce was fantastic! 

Above, cooking dinner. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This was also the first time I tried out my new Weber kettle barbecue grill and it worked out great. The meat was tender and juicy, not hard and dried out like shoe leather that my previous barbecue caused the meat to become.

After dinner and clean-up, I headed to the Ahwahnee to check messages and touch base with Denise. I told her about the steak sauce. 

Above, deer that crossed in front of the shuttle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once all that was done, I headed back to camp on the shuttle (great system). En route, several deer crossed the road in front of the bus. I managed to take a few photos of them.

Next: Yosemite: Day Three.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Beautiful. Enjoy.

Search This Blog