"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 8, 2016

Head Trouble

Above, the skull my grandfather found. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This is something for me to keep in mind when packing for a flight.

Travel + Leisure reported:
A German professor found himself in some hot water on April 4 after airport security found a human skull in his luggage. The human remains were discovered at Rome’s Fiumicino airport, according to Italian newspaper Il Messaggero.

Back in World War II, my grandfather was a Navy Seabee and was stationed in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. While walking on a beach, he found a human skull. It was apparently of an Eskimo as the teeth were worn down from chewing on whale blubber. He kept it and it is now in my possession. I keep it in a bowling bag.

When I was working for United Pacific/Reliance Insurance Companies, we used it to pull a joke on our claim manager who was returning from a vacation.

I guess I'd better not bring it along on any trip that involves flying.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog