"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Breakfast At The Ahwahnee

Above, the Ahwahnee Hotel dining room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before even heading up to Yosemite National Park, I decided to have at least one meal at the Ahwahnee Hotel's dining room. (Notice that I am refusing to call it The Majestic Hotel due to the trademark lawsuit brought on by Delaware North?)

Above, this is what greets visitors as they enter the dining room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I found their dinners a little too pricey, but breakfast was doable.

So, I headed to the hotel on Sunday morning and I was greeted by the title theme of Diamonds Are Forever by the pianist in the dining room. I was given a table at a window. I guess they know a V.I.P. and a James Bond fan when they see one!

Above, the dining room ceiling is impressive. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I kept breakfast simple: bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns and toast. Along with that, coffee and orange juice.

Above, yours truly having orange juice at a table with a great view.. 

The servers were very attentive and provided great service. Every visitor to Yosemite should at least have one meal in the Ahwahnee's dining room.

No comments:

Search This Blog