|Above, the Ventura Beach RV Resort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
It looks like I found my RV park/campground for those little weekend "mental health getaways" that may crop up now and then.
The Ventura Beach RV Resort is one nice little RV park that is only an hour's drive from Los Angeles. It is sandwiched between the 101 freeway and Ventura's Main Street.
|Above, check-in parking and store/registration office. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
This place has everything that one could want in an RV park:
- Recreation Room (pool tables and card tables)
- Bike Rentals
- Pool and Jacuzzi
- Playground, horseshoes and Tetherball
- Free Rides To Downtown Historic Ventura (they do ask for tips)
- Pet Friendly (except pit bulls or any canine that resembles a pit bull)
- Nicely Manicured Campsites (grass) with level pads, table and fire pit
- Fully Stocked Store (more like a regular convenience store)
- Laundry Room
- Free Wi-Fi
|Above, the recreation room. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
The summer standard rate per night is $70.00 (there's also a 10% hotel tax). I've been to other RV "resorts" who charged more, but they looked like asphalt parking lots with a table and hook-ups.
|Above, the pool and jacuzzi. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
There's plenty of trees around the park and it is a 10-minute walk to the beach. They have a nice staff and security on premises.
|Above, the transport vehicle to downtown historic Ventura. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
I just got here today for a few days of R & R and I am enjoying it. It is just what the doctor ordered!
|Above, the playground area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Their website: https://www.venturabeachrvpark.com/
My grade: A+.