"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Japan: Spending Spree In Preparation

Above, first stop in Tokyo after Narita Airport: Tokyo Station.

One of the things I do before heading off on a vacation trip to Japan is to check on the 10-day weather forecast to the places (in this case, Tokyo and Niigata) I'm going to.

Tokyo's temperatures range from the 40s to 60s (farenheit) and Niigata's temperatures range from the 40s to 50s. There's some rain forecasts for both.

In preparation, I went on a little shopping spree today at the local Macy's department store and picked up some cotton flannel shirts and some long-sleeve dress shirts (I didn't seem to have any long-sleeve dress shirts in the closet). Also, I picked up a couple of pairs of Levis (the ones I have are about to be permanently retired due to wear). Naturally, since I may be confronted by situations requiring me to remove my shoes (a Japanese custom), I also picked up some socks.

Although it may rain at times while I am in Japan, I am not going to pack my umbrella. If I need one, I can always buy one there (they're relatively cheap at 600 yen each).

In regard to the tensions between the two Koreas, a friend sent me this after reading my blog about possibly having a "ringside seat":

If you want to borrow my flak jacket I have a brand new one; US Army issue lol (its ceramic plates can shred a .50 cal round). I have a kevlar helmet too, but it was repainted black by the dept.


If I take him up on his offer, if the need arises, this will save me the time and money to buy them in Japan. Then again, they may take up too much room in my suitcase. I plan to pack light, so I have room to bring back some souvenirs.

Nine days to go. Can't wait!

No comments:

Search This Blog